Our quality control team is comprised of a coffee producer, quality analyst, barista and roaster. Our mission is to find the best suitable methods to produce the highest quality beans.
In order to achieve our objectives, we constantly experiment with new growing, processing and drying techniques that generate the best flavor profile and a clean cup.
Joint Research with University of Cuenca
For several years we have been in partnership with the University of Cuenca, which has a premier school of horticulture. The mission is straight forward. The partnership focuses on the key areas of farming that produce the finest cup of coffee.
Present Areas of Study Include the Following:
Agricultural Science School
• Drip Irrigation.
• Solid fertilization.
• Liquid fertilization / Drip fertilization.
• Cup flavor profile according to applied fertilizers.
• Production yield according to combined fertilization systems (solid and liquid).
Faculty of Biochemistry
• Drying methods / Quantification of Acids / Carbohydrates / Sugars and Aromatics in: Green Coffee, Roasted, Extracted.
• Combined fertilization / Quantification of Acids / Carbohydrates / Sugars and Aromatics in: Green Coffee, Roasted, Extracted.
• Drying methods / Predominant elements in: Green Coffee, Roasted, Extracted.
Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences
• Structure of companies and business systems.
• Marketing for the Plan of Agrotourism and Specialty coffee.
• Process Manual for an exporting company.
• As part of our activities in the research area, we are currently immersed in the development of specialized fertilizers for coffee plants. The results have been highly successful. The fertilizers that we offer are classified by stages in relation to the ages and the cyclic requirements of the plant.
• Our fertilizers are technically supported in the development and in the proven results achieved both in the Hacienda La Papaya plants and in the plants located in the lands of our partners. Its main characteristic is to influence the taste of coffee.